Thursday, March 6, 2008

Etched Copper Fresh Water Pearl Earrings

Working on some new ideas for my etched copper line. This delicate pair of earrings was designed to match a beautiful copper moon pendant necklace that I sold at a home party in February. The copper dangles offers a faded image of branches topped off with a fresh water pearl. I will work on another pair this week to start to play off the texture and color of the copper. Oxidizing my work can add depth to the copper, but I sometimes like to stay with the original shiny surface and allow the natural patina to take place.

I am getting really excited about branching off with my etched copper pieces and working on refining my line of tumbled sea glass as well. Looking into upcoming shows to enter. Looks like I will head down to the Rhode Island School of Design alumni sale in the fall. Should be full to back there after all these years. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has been working on and celebrate my new lines!

2 comments:

zubeldia said...

They're really beautiful, Maggie. I'd be interested in buying them...

Alex

Kirsten said...

Those are really pretty. I love the look of sort of a raw textured metal combined with the pearls.