Monday, April 28, 2008

Tumbled Glass Jewelry Line Expanded

My "Maggie Style Jewelry" line of tumbled glass is growing. I have continued to refine the look while having some fun with color combinations and playing with pearls and matte silver beads as accents with the beautiful glass. Summer is upon us and it's time to get outside and celebrate by wearing some great color and soaking up some sun. Although the sky is overcast while I write, the weather is always changing and warming up each day.

So I wanted to introduce some new bracelet and earring ideas I have been working on. I started with the nugget series shown plus my teardrops and loops, but I have recently expanded my earring collection to add the stacked pearl drop series. I am having a ball playing with the colors and shapes of these organic cut glass beads. There is an interplay with the free handed geometry of the glass with the delicate pearl. They are the smallest and lightest of all the earrings and have a delicate feel to them. I like having a variety of colors to choose from on a daily basis and now with the four designs, I feel confident to start marketing a more complete line.

Toggle bracelets are another great addition to my collection. I love the weight of the bracelets with all the lovely tumbled glass beads interwoven with freshwater pearls. They are fun, funky and versatile. There is something very satisfying about sensing what you are wearing. I feel very snazzy some days when I have on a new necklace or bracelet. Looking forward to getting my new work to the shops. I call this one the "Fire & Water" bracelet.

No comments: