Friday, April 4, 2008

Tumbled Glass Necklace

I have tumbled sea glass on my mind. Working on my new line of sea glass jewelry over the past few months. Working on the final details to streamline my pieces and get ready for shows. I am investigating local galleries that may be a good fit with my work. I am interested in finding out information about the right shops down the East Coast. My full line of necklaces, earrings and bracelets would work well in any coastal area. The glass is gorgeous on and works well for dressy occasions or a fun day on the beach. I love the translucent quality of the tumbled glass. I have been wearing my work every day to get a feel for it and start to sense a response. This piece above was especially made for a good friend. Can't wait to see it on!


The tumbled glass comes in all different shapes. I carefully choose each piece to respond with the adjoining glass. The silver spacer beads are cast sterling silver. Each one is individual cast and adds to the unique nature of the necklace. My chunk chain is a alternating 8mm and 11mm hammered diamond link and the square toggle at the top adds to the playfulness while keeping the necklace feeling sophisticated and sensual. I love the weight of the glass and the lightness of the chain. I love its overall versatility.

3 comments:

Bosphorus Glass said...

Hii Maggie,
I love this necklace!!!
It's awesome. I am sure your friend will love it too. :)
And those earrings are sooooo cute! When are you going to list them on your Etsy store? :)

Angela said...

hi Maggie-
Nice work, I was wondering how you get the hole in the glass to make it stringable? do you drill it yourself?And if so what method/tools do you use...
thanks!

maggie bokor said...

Thanks for the comments. I am working on my etsy site and will have it up and running by late fall. Yeah!

Angela, I have a great glass bead resource. The cast beads are predrilled! Excellent!