Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Silk Tie Necklace Line is ready!


I was so inspired by the lavender silk tie necklace I made for Sheila in the last posting, I immediately starting playing with color combinations and adding large fresh water pearls to a few versions. It's a blast looking for the right cast glass piece to stack. Each tumbled glass bead has irregular edges, so it's like putting a delicate puzzle together as I line up my glass. I finished these necklaces off with a jump ring so that the silk tie can be replaced with another chain. The ties are versatile and can be worn as a choker, a longer pendant necklace or even a bracelet wrapped around your wrist a few times. I spent time finding the right tie-dyed silk tie for each necklace that would reflect the strength of its color and create a finished piece. Now I will need to photograph them for my etsy page.....it's all coming together.

No comments: