Monday, September 15, 2008

September-Studio redesigned!


Summer has been extremely busy up here and we are finally starting to see things slow down a bit with visitors to our home. Over the past few weeks, Greg and I have been redesigning the rooms to create a better home office and completely empty my studio of anything not pertaining to paint or metals. It feels absolutely wonderful.

My dear friend Celia was able to visit twice in the past two weeks and witness the transformation. I owe my new found energy to finish each room to Celia and to mother nature. A flood in the basement a few weeks ago allowed us to reorganize. It's ready for clay when I say go.

Been working on a new series of paintings depicting my relationship with home. This one has gone through a few major shifts and I feel good about the end result. I call it Stilts. I will be putting this into my next gallery opening in October in Portland. It talks to me about the precarious nature of home ownership. There is a tricky balance between what we desire, how much it may cost you in time, money and resources and the real need of shelter.

No comments: