Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Localmotion Art Opening: October 3rd

I will be a part of the LocalMotion Art Show: Performance during First Friday Art Walk in Portland this October.

"LocalMotion is a ‘mosaic’ of Maine artisans exploring the social, political, cultural and personal aspects of everyday life in the 21st Century as influenced by the interweaving of global and local issues. It will feature sculpture, craft, apparel design, painting, prints and photo. We will be raffling off artwork. Performance starting at 8pm will feature Port Veritas Poets, lots of local writers and musicians, an Add Verb Skit about gender awareness, dancing, drag, and more. This show is in conjunction with the Tina Smith Beacon for Change Campaign. Tina is a Green candidate for City Council At-Large."

Sounds pretty interesting and I am glad to be a part of it. I am submitting a few paintings. I have already decided on "Stilts" as one of my pieces and I am deciding on using an older painting that would work well with the theme of this event called "Neighbors". My goal is to get into the studio over the next week or so and start the second painting in the home series.


Friday, October 3, 2008
5:00pm - 10:00pm
The Meg Perry Center
644 Congress St Portland, ME

No comments: