Sunday, January 17, 2010


Went out with my crafty sisters to see this great documentary on the crafting revolution happening in America. It was great to dive into the world of craft and I would highly recommend this film to anyone interested in investigating their creative juices.

The director, Faythe Levine, answered questions after the movie. She was great and was definitely a highlight of the night. A three year commitment that is coming to a close for her, but I believe this is only the beginning for what she has uncovered, celebrated and presented to the world.

I have struggled in the past with the fine art versus craft issue and I feel as if I have never felt complete comfortable in either world. As my jewelry business has grown, I find myself focused on creating my own pieces instead of spending my time as a designer and buyer of other's great ideas. The journey into jewelry making is taking on a new life and I am eager to see where it leads me. This documentary was a great reminder to settle into who you are and make what you make with out questions. Removing judgement and giving into your creative center is essential and something I can lose sight of when I start to think about how to sell and what to sell. Back to creating for art sake!

Thanks Faythe! Thank you to my lovely art community here in Maine always supporting me on the journey!


No comments: